Tuesday, April 10, 2012

First man standing

The first marine from a new squad was born last night. As I mentioned in my previous post, this bunch will be used for gaming, so I was trying to cut some corners here and there to help speed up the process. Too bad I just can't seem to fully switch to this mindset and


overall it still take me a lot of time to complete the paintjob.

With this guy I used two of the new paints from the GW range, namely the Loren forest layer paint and the Athonian camoshade wash. The layer paint was surprisingly thick, despite the official announcement that it could be used straight from the pot... It is however, a great color in between catachan green and camo green so I don't have to mix the two anymore. On the other hand, I found the wash to be excelent and it compliments thraka green very nicely. Actually, I will most definitely just switch to it and go with light thraka over it.


Still need to paint the base rim and if I'm in the mood, I'll work on some details that I've skipped so far.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry if it takes ages to paint them all - I have the same problem, with not wanting to cut too many corners. It'll look great when the whole squad is finished!

    ReplyDelete