Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Dark Angels Librarian

Today is a quickie. 2 evenings of work and another small piece of my DA army is ready. The librarian.

This was a rather straightforward project so I'm not going to go into a lot of details.

Suffice to say, I did the robes with an airbrush first. Did some shading on them but it didn't turn out too great. Another lesson learned there :)

Next was the armor - mordian blue basecoat followed by a few layers of blending up to very white ultramarines blue and finally lining with an even lighter tone. Then I did the greens. I ninitially did the inner flaps of the robe with an airbrush, but the color sucked so I went over them again with DA green and some light blending up to snot green.

Then it was the details and face. All usual stuff. Last but not least, the sword. I wanted to be cool and do a nice smooth transition from red to yellow and it turned out quite nice BUT, once I had to go over the rest of the sword with chainmail - it got ruined a bit. I mean those crevaces are sooo goddam small you'd have to paint with a needle which I couldn't be arsed to do.

Overall not bad. Not super awesome but I'm ok with the result.



No comments:

Post a Comment